Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: More and more younger Runaway fans

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Radio Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I am so pleased that the Runaways are starting to be taking seriously as to their impact on the music industry. In San Francisco, the young college kids all think it's cool to listen to the Runaways. A friend of mine even was shocked when her fourteen (!!) year old baby sitter showed up in a Runaways t-shirt. She asked the girl if she even knew who they were and the girl replied "Of course I do! Cherry Bomb!" That's got to tell you something Cherie. You rocked then and you rock know! Come play SF again, please!!!

    ------------------

  2. #2
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    Post

    Thats a cool story Radio Guy and I too have come across a new Runaways fan recently to chat too. It's great to see young kids discovering The Runaways

    And by the way at joanjett.com in the merchandise section they are selling Runaways caps and dog tags if your interested.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Radio Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the tip. I've actually been keeping my eye out for any live Runaways videos and they are hard to come by. So are original t-shirts. I found one in a thrift store once, but it was huge and not in good shape. I did manage to find a site that was on Jackie Fox's website that had a few clips of the Runaways live in Japan and I was beside myself! Man those girls rocked! And their band was so tight. That's what people are starting to realize, is how tight they all played together especially considering how young and inexperienced they were! Thanks again for the merchandise info!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dave G's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Kids are 4,7 & 9 they all love Cherry Bomb, Neon Angles On The Road to Ruin &
    Science Ficton Daze.
    Cherie when are you going to play in the UK or Europe, we miss you over here.


    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic